When school is cancelled and you can’t make it to work, you have to come up with creative things to do with your children so you don’t all get cabin fever! Here are some ideas:
- Do start the day off writing a schedule of “Fun” things to do with your child.
- Do give each child a chance to pick something they want to add to the schedule so they each feel like they have a say in the day and are excited for their choice!
- Do play a board game.
- Do go outside and make snowmen and snow angels.
- Do bake some cookies that the kids can decorate!
- Do an arts and crafts project using things around the house.
- Do Have a dance party or play Dance Dance Revolution on you Wii.
- Do For children ages 3-10, make a book: staple paper together and have your child dictate the story to you (or write it themselves depending on age). Then let them illustrate it!
- Do make a picnic instead of your typical lunch. Set up a blanket on your playroom floor and pretend you are outside!
- Do Use this day to have quality time with your children!
- Don’t plop yourself or your kids in front of the t.v. all day.
- Don’t allow any nagging! Only smiles and fun suggestions!
- Don’t try to work on your day off.
- Don’t waste the day eating junk food and supplying it to your children.
…and one more DO – Do leave a comment with your best ideas for when you are snowed in!