Winter is right around the corner, and with the cooler weather keeping us indoors, parents are always looking for new destinations to take their
children. Try some of these “hot spots” around Chicago to keep your child active and engaged during the snowy months ahead:
1. Little Beans Café: An indoor playground and café for parents and kids of all ages to relax, be creative, interact, and have a snack or two! A variety of classes are offered throughout the week as well, including kids yoga!
2. Gymboree Play and Music: Children are able to play and explore with a variety of equipment; and participate in classes such as music, art, sports, and school skills to work on a variety of areas of fine and gross motor development.
3. Bubbles Academy: An open play space for families to run, jump, and climb; including a meadow room, an ocean room, a mountain room, and a tree house! Classes include yoga, cooking classes, and creative movement!
4. Family grounds : A café for all ages, in which the main café and kids playspace are separated to accommodate everyone’s needs. The playspace includes different areas such as a performance stage, arts and crafts, and a trains and cars.
5. Sweet and Sassy: A great place to host a birthday party or to get your child’s hair cut (boys and girls). Other activities include manicures and pedicures and lots of glittery make-up.
6. Pump it Up: Another awesome location for a birthday party or field trip destination, known as “the inflatable party zone”, which is filled with bounce houses, slides, and obstacle courses.
7. Kid’s Table: A place for children, parents, and families of all shapes and sizes to learn about healthy foods. Enjoy classes or the retail store, and begin cooking together at home. Classes include a variety of themes, such as “Kids nite out” and “family class”.
Please feel free to leave your family fun place suggestions in the comments form below!