How do we identify the milestones our kids need to succeed? How fast should your child be developing mentally and physically? Does every child develop on their own schedule or should you compare your child to the “norm”?
Milestones are important to be aware of because if children are not in the general range of normal or typical development, parents need to be proactive and start asking questions.
7 Steps to Measuring Milestones and Making Sure Your Child Is On The Right Track:
- Use a check list and log your child’s new skills.
- Make a separate checklist of areas you may feel your child is behind on.
- Read well-respected parenting blogs and articles by licensed professionals to stay on top of what your child should be doing
- Read E-Books and Popular Publications that include Milestone Checklists and Guides For Parents and Doctors
- If your child is delayed in a developmental area, move on it quickly. Better safe than sorry.
- Make a visit to your MD and tell him/her your concerns.
- Visit the necessary specialists and find someone you can trust and do what you need to do.
Always trust your instincts as the parent and remain proactive!